Learn and perfect the play of kaval oblique flutes game, played from the Balkans to Anatolia by immersing themselves in oral transmission.
- Kaval flutes in the large family of oblique flutes. Similarities and discrepancies.
- Exploring stylistic particularities. Different techniques of vibrato and ornamentation.
- Work on directories. Focus on the regions of Anatolia, Bulgarian and Greek Thrace.
- Irregular rhythms, the relationship to chants and dances in Balkan music.
- Practice of the modes used in the repertoire of kaval flutes and modal improvisation.
- Approach to circular breathing, adapted to the free mouths of oblique flutes.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
Minimum age: 15 years
- Open to instrumentalists mastering the sound of oblique flutes and having the basic techniques of kaval flutes.
- Recommended instrument: Bulgarian Kaval in Re / all instruments
Possibility to build your own instrument at the beginning of the course
- Minimum level: Mastering the sound emission in oblique flutes