- Initiation of Qanun practice
- Discovery and/or deepening of the knowledge of traditional Armenian music
- Learning songs, dance tunes and popular rhythms.
- Work on basic playing technics
- Learning pieces from the traditional Armenian repertoire (Komitas…) by ear or with simple scores
- Listening and analysis of sound excerpts illustrating the role of orality and writing in traditional Armenian music.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Training open to all (If possible, come with your instrument: all kinds of Qanun (Armenian, Turkish, Arabic, Greek).
- Possibility to welcome singers and musicians from all backgrounds and levels wishing to train in Armenian music, within the limit of available places.
>> ON-LINE PRE-REGISTRATION <<
>> RATES & REGISTRATION PROCESS <<
Meri Vardanyan is a Qanun player born in Armenia in 1980.
She began Qanun at the age of seven. Graduated from the Yerevan Conservatory in Qanun and in direction, she is one of the best Armenian players of her generation.
Soloist in the Traditional State Ensemble, the ensemble Ochagan (Armenian Medieval Music) and The Gurdjieff folk instruments together,she participates in many concerts and festivals around the world (Estonia, Portugal, France, Germany, Netherlands, Lebanon, Belgium, Russia, Georgia …).
In 2009 she moved to Lyon (France) where she continued her studies in musicology and obtained a Master 2 at the University Lumière Lyon 2, while continuing to practice her professional career. She has since collaborated with Khaled Arman, Vittorio Ghielmi,the Goussan ensemble, The Gurdjieff together with whom she recorded two albums within the ECM label, Maria Farantouri around a project “Beyond the Borders” ECM 2019.