- Initiation and improvement of Qanun practice.
- Discovery and/or deepening of traditional Armenian music knowledge.
- Learning songs, dance tunes and popular rhythms.
Depending on the level of participants:
- Learning pieces originating from the traditional Armenian repertoire (Komitas…)
- Work on different playing techniques: ornamentations, articulations, etc.…
- Listening and analysis of sound excerpts illustrating the role of orality and writing in traditional Armenian music
- Comparative work between the different schools (Armenian, Turkish, Arabic, Greek….)
- Learning of songs and accompaniments.
- The art of improvisation (depending on level)
- History of the Armenian music; presentation of different instruments.
- Theory: Presentation of Armenian modes and their equivalents.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Training mainly open to Qanun players. Come with your instrument: all types of Qanun (Armenian, Turkish, Arabic and Greek).
- Possibility to welcome singers and musicians from all backgrounds wishing to train in Armenian music, playing traditional Armenian instruments, within the limit of places available.
- Minimum basic reading is required and have a developed ear.