The teaching provided by Ourania Lampropoulou stems from her dual culture based on oral transmission, as well as on her academic and musical studies. The repertoires of the different regions of Greece are very varied. To these, we add the different styles of Greek urban popular music (Rebetika) on which Ourania Lampropoulou devoted a large part of her research. An important element of this training is the theoretical aspect of Greek music, as it is formed and transmitted by Greek musicians (concept of dhromi laiki), as well as its relationship with the Turkish-Ottoman Makam system. Teaching is done by both, oral transmission and scores.
- Musical culture and analysis
- Listening to music from reference recordings
- Modal theory (dhromi laiki and Makam) and melodic analysis
- Modal improvisation
- Harmonic, rhythmic and metric aspect
- Individual practice according to the repertoire chosen by the trainee
- Collective practice (song and instrument)
- Participation of Dominique VELLARD with the workshop « Comparative analysis (theoretical and practical) of traditional Greek, Spanish and medieval repertoires» which will take place on Jan. 31 and Feb. 2 & 3, 2021 (from 2 to 5 PM) and the conference on Feb. 1, 2021 a 5:30 PM « The contribution of traditional music in the interpretation of monadic medieval music ».
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
The learning is intended for instrumentalists who master their instrument and professional singers or alternately who practice an instrument. Reading of music is required.