Learn about the Sephardic poetic and musical world through the singing tradition of the Judeo-Spanish Romances, in comparison with the tradition of the Cantigas de Santa Maria.
• Work on sacred and profane repertoires in Haketia, Ladino, Hebrew, Arabic and Galician-Portuguese for the Cantigas de Santa Maria.
• Work on the phonetic.
• Vocal preparation work depending on the addressed repertoire.
• Work on modes and melisma.
• Learning rhythms with percussion: singing and accompanying.
• Work and approach to ornamentation adapted to each song.
• Listening and comparative analysis of songs from sound samples.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Open to readers and non-readers of partitions, beginners or experienced singers
- If possible, come with a percussion (frame drum like Bendir, Daf, Tambourine, Darbouka)
- Instrumentalists are welcome, especially to interpret the instrumental passages of the repertoires being addressed. Learning takes place orally. However the corresponding scores and arrangements edited by Françoise Atlan will be distributed especially for the Cantigas.