Learning the sources of Arabic-Andalusian singing and music.
Arab-Andalusian music has enjoyed a significant rise during the period of Spain known as the Three Cultures «Al Andalus». After the fall of Granada, this music found refuge in the Maghreb.
Currently, Arab-Andalusian music holds an important place in Europe through its teaching within institutionalized structures (CNRR, CNR, Music Schools). The geographical context also favors the demand for learning and discovering the sources of this music, which is both, a culture and a great civilization.
• Teaching on the subtleties of the Nouba.
• Presentation and learning of the different Maqam.
• Introduction to the different repertoires of my Arab-Andalusian music: Hawzy, Chaabi, Melhoun, Malouf…
• Work on the analysis of sound extracts listening.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- No constraints for this course because the teaching is based on the orality as well as the phonetics and translation of the songs.
- Open to singers and instrumentalists (violin, mandola, mandolin, oud, percussion).
- Level: 5 years minimum of practice