Brazil is a very big and very rich country, especially when it comes to music. In one same region you can meet many different styles. Cristiano proposes to study some of the rhythms most played by the ball groups or popular music ensembles, such as the choro, maxixe, samba, forro.
All studies will be shown orally and on percussion instruments to work directly the perception, the musical memory and to better understand each style as a whole.
- Knowledge of the typical instrumentation and any kind of keyboards.
- Learning the rhythmic cells of each instrument for a better adaptation to the guitar.
- The learning of rhythmic cells will be transmitted first in vocal/bodily percussion, then on the instruments, typical of each style and finally transcribed/adapted to the guitar.
- Knowledge of the main composers of each genre.
- Social and historical contextualization: Musical map of several eras, translation of song lyrics, historical panorama.
- Identify and play the different forms of accompaniment of CHORO and its sub-genres, SAMBA, BAIÃO and FREVO
- Introduction to the vast repertoire of Brazilian music and its composers and a work on the analysis of the listening to sound/audiovisual samples
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Pre-requisite: know how to form and chain basic chords (major, minor, seventh and diminished chords) to the guitar.